Fish Fillet with Bell Peppers
My favorite way to cook fish fillets is grilling but this time I want to try something new, we have some colorful bell peppers at home and I want to make something out of it. And this is what I made:
5 pcs. Fish Fillets
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, sliced
1. Arrange onions rings at the bottom of medium pot. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
2. Arrange fish fillets over the mixture. Add bell pepper strips over the the fishes. Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 6 minutes or until fishes are done.
3. Transfer the fish fillet into a platter. Set aside.
4. Pour the cornstarch mixture over the broth mixture, stir until thickened. Turn off heat.
5. Pour the mixture over the cooked fish fillets.
6. Serve with slices of lemon at the side.