Planning to cook some meals today? Well, try this recipe:
1 chicken breast
6 cups water
1 onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
1 medium tomato, quartered
3 pcs. lime leaves
1 stalk lemon grass, sliced
1 thumb-sized galangal root
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. tumeric powder
2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
1 cup mung bean sprouts, blanched
100 g sotanghon noodles, cooked
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1. Rub the tumeric powder to the chicken breast until all side are coated.
2. In a pot, combine water, lemon grass, lime leaves, galangal root and salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the chicken breast and cook until done. Remove from broth, let cool and dry, flake the breasts and remove the bones and cartilage and set this aside.
4. Heat the broth again and add onions, tomatoes, garlic, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning. Turn off heat when done.
5. In a large platter, place the mung bean sprouts, sliced egg, noodles, chicken flakes and corriander.
6. To serve, take some of all the ingredients from the platter and put it in a bowl. Pour some soup on it, stir and that’s it.
Wanna know what Soto Ayam is? Click here