My list of 10 Anti-Aging Guide
Here’s my list of Anti-aging guide, actually there are loads of guide out there but I only picked up 10 since I’m afraid I can’t follow it all. It’s better to have 10 guides only and I can maintain it regularly than listing so many things but I can’t follow it all. Read on:
1. Stay on my age 18 weight – studies show that our weight when we were 18 years old was the best weight assuming that we were also healthy during that time. So to maintain this weight Dr. Walter Willet suggests that we periodically try to slip into the dress we wore on our high school prom and make sure that it still fit to us until now or if not, aim for a body mass index of about 23.5.
2. Take the dynamic duo of supplement – daily dose of 800 mg of alpha-lipoic acid and 2,000 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine. In these amounts, the chemicals boost the energy output of mitochondria, which power our cells. According to Dr. Bruce Ames, the mitochondrial decay is a major factor in aging.”
3. Skip a Meal – studies showed that “the hearts of the leaner human calorie-cutters appeared 10 to 15 years younger than those of regular eaters.” So, no wonder that according to some doctors, fasting can cure illness. It’s a divine treatment for the believers.
4. Take a walk – research reveiled that “taking a walk for 30 minutes a day can make the walls of our arteries twice as flexible as those of couch potato”. I hope I can do this regularly since I noticed that I only walk more than 30 minutes if I was shopping at the malls. 😦
5. Fight Fair – recent study conducted in Unicersity of Utah reveiled that ” women’s hearts suffered when they made or heard hostile comments; men’s hearts reacted badly to domineering, controlling words”. It is normal to have fight or ague with spouse but if you want to avoid aging, make the fight a little fairer because getting nasty might increase the risk of clogged arteries.
6. Do a good deed – according to Dr. William Brown, “The best way to be healthy is to be kind to others.” Just a mere picking up a tiny trash at the street is already an example of good deed. Not only can fight aging, the Almighty will reward us also in the day of Judgement.
7. Eat a Rainbow – how can I ate the rainbow? Well, the colorful veggies of course. I always like to eat meals with combination of colorful vegetables like carrots, squash, broccoli, beans and lot more. Veggies can do wonders in oour health.
8. Sup from the sea – most seafoods contain omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, which many studies show help prevent sudden death from heart attack. Omega-3s may also help ward off depression, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Aside from the health benefits, seafoods are so yummy also.
9. Dine on Curry – Turmeric, the spice that makes curry yellow, is loaded with curcumin, a chemical with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In our home, our groceries would not be complete without curry. We added it on rice, meat and seafoods.
10. Get enough sleep – most people need 7-8 hours nightly, some sleep problems raise the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes—maybe even obesity.
Check this link to read the complete guide.