World’s Strangest Laws!
Did you know it’s illegal in France to name a pig Napoleon? Or that in Ohio you’re not allowed to get a fish drunk? Here’s some list of the world’s most ridiculous laws:
– It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
– It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
– It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
– In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
– In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
– In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.
– In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.
– In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.
– In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.
– In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
– In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.
– In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
– In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.
– In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
– In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.
– In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
– In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.
– The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen – in case she needs the bones for her corset.