Nutrition tips for Iftar
– Preferably break your fasts with dates
– Don’t overeat.
– Don’t consume too much fat and carbohydrates at the same meal.
– Avoid highly processed foods (e.g. biscuits, white bread etc.)
– Consume whole grains as opposed to sugary foods, this shall help maintain and sustain blood glucose levels for longer and help avoid the slump associated with high sugary meals.
– Don’t drink too much with your food, it is better to drink most of your liquids before or after your meal (30 – 60 mins. after is ideal).
Don’t forget that overeating and gorging on lots of food is definitely one way of upsetting your body (aesthetically and definitely from a health perspective).
Read the full details here.