Life of the Girl Next Door
We saw her walking in the street with no direction where to go, I noticed that she was crying. I asked her where she want to go and what’s wrong with her, she said she want to go to Embassy, she escaped away from her sponsor’s house since she cannot tolerate anymore the way she was being treated. “Why, how they treated you and what they had done to you?”, I asked and she enumerated these things:
– she always slapped me and spanked every part of my body wherever she reached for no apparent reason
– she spit on my face
– she hit my head with walkman, glass or anything she had in front of her friends
– she don’t want me to drink water without her permission
– she don’t want me to take a bath regularly, she threw all my toiletries and cosmetics.
– I slept on the floor without any mattress, pillow nor blanket
– she don’t want to see me having a rest even just for a minute, I slept at 2:00 am and woke up at 4:30am
– I cannot eat well, I was only given one cucumber to take for breakfast
Actually she enumerated more than what I had listed above which I cannot remember anymore, but to make it short, she was being treated brutally. One European neighbor who witnessed these things helped her to escape from that wicked sponsor and gave her some amount to pay for the taxi.
She was just one of those hundreds who experience the same as her plight. I hope she is okay and safe now, I felt sorry for her.